PURPOSE OF THE DEPARTMENT
Our undergraduate program contains subjects, which address not only theoretical foundations but also recent technological and administrative developments.
The mission of our program is to ensure that students understand the foundations of science and engineering, develop their information in technology, communication and research skills, and find sustainable and interdisciplinary solutions for prospective problems they will face in their professional lives.
DURATION AND CONTENT OF EDUCATION
The department of Civil Engineering is an undergraduate program of 4 years. Graduates are awarded with the degree of “Civil Engineering Undergraduate” and title of “Civil Engineering”.
The Civil Engineering program contains various specialization areas such as structure, geotechnics, hydraulics, transportation, entertainment and material. Civil Engineering has been the driving power behind the most advanced technological developments.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE CAREER
Those who prefer the program of Civil Engineering and aim to work as civil engineers should:
· quest for knowledge, theories, principles and foundations
· be open to continuous learning, problem resolution, critical, global and integrative system and creative thinking, team work, communication and self-evaluation
· be able to make use of new technologies to meet increasingly sophisticated expectations of the profession
· be able to work efficiently individually and as part of a team
1) Essentials: Awareness, comprehension and practical application in mathematics, humanitarian and social sciences.
2) Technical: Application, mechanics, experiments, analysis and synthesis in materials, problem recognition and resolution, sustainability, risk, uncertainty and project management.
3) Professional: Communication, professional ethics and commitment, politics, business management and globalization.